- Born in 1949, entered into the Society of Jesus in 1967, ordained to the priesthood in 1979.
- University studies at Namur, Heidelberg, Louvain (degrees in philosophy and psychology), Brussels, and Rome (doctorate in dogmatic theology).
- Has resided in Rome since 1985, teaches systematic spiritual theology at the Gregorian University, and administers the Casa Balthasar, a school of discernment and formation for young lay Christians.
- President of the Lubac-Balthasar-Speyr Association since its inception in Rome in 1991, under the patronage of Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, by disciples of H. de Lubac and H. U. von Balthasar.
- Has published various works and articles on H. U. von Balthasar and the spiritual sources of his thought, in particular St. Ignatius of Loyola and A. von Speyr, but also J. H. Newman, M. Blondel, and F. Ulrich.